Data privacy information
What data do we save?
1. When you access our website
The IP address is recorded in the log file of the load balancer. This method ensures smooth operations and protection against attacks. The log files are deleted after seven days.
2. When you enter data on our website
- On the contact form: your first name, surname and your e-mail address
- If you order publications from us: the contents of your order as well as your gender, your surname, your postal address and your e-mail address
- If you subscribe to the newsletter: your e-mail address
3. We do not record any other data.
How do we record your data?
The data that we record every time the website is accessed are automatically recorded; we only record other data entered by you and when you order publications, using a temporary cookie.
What do we use your data for?
- Your data will only be used to provide, optimise and ensure the security of our online services.
- With your authorisation, we use your data to accept communications from you and to process your order.
We do not use your data
- for profiling
- for advertising
- and we never pass on data to third parties, except:
What are your rights?
Data privacy officer
Press and Information Office of the Federal Government
Matomo uses so-called "cookies". Cookies are text files that are saved on your computer and enable the Federal Press Office to analyse how its website is used. The information provided by the cookie is transferred to the Federal Press Office server and saved there, to enable us to analyse user behaviour. Your IP address will be immediately anonymised; users are thus anonymous. The information generated by the cookie regarding how you use the website will not be passed on to third parties.
The Federal Press Office sees this analysis as an integral part of its online service. This information helps to consistently improve the website and optimise it according to user needs.
You can adjust your browser settings to disable cookies. This might, however, mean that you are not able to use all of the website’s functions.
You can decide here whether or not a web analysis cookie may be stored in your browser, to enable the Federal Press Office to gather and analyse statistical data.
If you decide against this, click on the link below to store the Matomo deactivation cookie in your browser.